Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
These delicious Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins make a wonderful breakfast or dinnertime accompaniment.
This recipe appeared in our the first edition of our book, but was in Phase 4 because it used whole wheat flour. To accommodate both our readers and ourselves, my mom has gone back into her test kitchen to make this recipe for gluten-free and this recipe is an online exclusive.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 6-cup muffin pan and set it aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, cran-raspberry sauce, oil, egg*, honey, syrup and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the nuts, and stir this flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup with a scant 1/2 cup of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
* To make this recipe egg free, add one additional tablespoon of flaxseed meal to the dry ingredients and add 1/4 Almond Milk (page 260) to the wet ingredients.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease