Food-based healing is possible, and Recipes for Repair
is a wonderful resource to help you accomplish your healing goals in a way that's highly satisfying to all of your senses. Gail Piazza and Laura Piazza do a masterful job of developing dozens of delicious and beautifully presented recipes based on the principles of the diet.
Kenneth B. Singleton, MD, MPH, creator of the diet
featured in the book and on this site
The book is divided into three parts:
Part I answers a common question for people with Lyme and other inflammatory illnesses: What should I eat? This section explains chronic inflammation and describes how eating nutritious, organic, whole foods can help reduce it.
Part II covers basic cooking techniques, lists useful kitchen equipment, and practical food preparation and cooking tips are useful for cooks at any experience level. It also defines the beneficial characteristics of many foods that are part of the diet.
Part III contains over 150 recipes, divided by diet Phase, organized by meal type, and designed to encourage healthy eating for the entire family (download the list of recipe titles and the ˜how to use this book' spread, shown above).
This beautiful cookbook features expertly-developed recipes that:
- were created for the successful physician-developed anti-inflammatory diet featured within, including how to incorporate it into your life.
- were developed with taste and ease in mind by Gail Piazza, professional food stylist and recipe developer.
- are labeled with icons for quick identification of the many meals appropriate for vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and/or low-sugar diets, for readers who have food sensitivities or food allergies.
- are made from all-natural ingredients and free of cane sugar, refined and artificial ingredients.
- cleanly designed with easy, step-by-step instructions (see picture above) and over 50 full-color photographs encourage your success, whether in treating Lyme or other inflammatory illnesses, or in simply transitioning to a healthier diet.