Make plenty of this tasty sauce when you reach Phase 2 – you will find it in several recipes in Phases 2 and 3. In addition to the recipes that call for it, this sauce is also a great accompaniment to poultry dishes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup xylitol
- Place all the ingredients in a 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid begins to boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate the sauce until ready to use.
Cook’s Note: Cranberries are seasonal, but they freeze very well, so buy a few bags to freeze and use year-round. Leave them in their original, unopened bags, and place each bag in a freezer zip-top bag for extra protection against freezer burn.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease