Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
You’ll have a hard time believing that these spectacular treats are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan and don’t require any cooking – making them a raw food delight. What more can you ask for?
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut palm nectar
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup very finely chopped pecans, or nut of your choice
- Combine the cocoa, coconut oil, vanilla, syrup and salt. Stir well to combine completely. The mixture will have the appearance of melted chocolate.
- Add the coconut and stir with a spoon until it’s well incorporated into the chocolate mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the mixture into balls using a small ice cream scoop or serving spoon.
- Place the chopped nuts on a flat plate. Roll each ball in the nuts until well coated.
- Place each macaroon on the parchment lined tray and refrigerate.
- Once chilled, about 30 minutes, the treats are ready to eat.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease