Brown and Wild Rice Cauliflower and Mushroom Curry
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: This recipe uses all leftovers so you can be eating dinner in just a matter of minutes.
Phase 1, which is only a week, is the most limited phase in the diet. With the limited amount of ingredients there are certain foods that are used quite a bit and should be cooked ahead to save you time in the kitchen.
We suggest that you cook big batches of both brown rice and wild rice and leave them in the refrigerator. This recipe is made up from mostly already prepared ingredients so when it’s time to make your dinner it can be done in no time, making this a great meal during the week when you may be short on time.
This tasty recipe is one that your whole family will enjoy, even your vegan family members!
If you are already in a later phase of the diet or not on the diet at all, you can stir in chunks of grilled or baked chicken.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups cooked brown and wild rice
- 6 oz. cooked, steamed cauliflower
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each, chopped parsley and chopped basil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- Heat the coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute for two minutes or until limp. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and saute for three minutes or until limp.
- Add the rice and the remaining ingredients except the spinach, chopped walnuts and shredded coconut. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute, just to warm the spinach. Do not allow it to wilt.
- Serve topped with chopped walnuts and shredded coconut.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease