Apple and Nut Skillet
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: This newly developed egg free breakfast recipe is a great alternative for those who can’t eggs. You’ll find that you have continued energy until lunch time, because of the protein from chia seeds and the healthy fat from the nuts.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee, divided
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 small green apples, cored and sliced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 drops liquid stevia, optional
- Heat ½ tablespoons oil or ghee in a medium fry pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until hot.
- Meanwhile soak the chia seeds in the water in a small bowl until they form a gel-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apples to the fry pan and saute for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Combine the spices and the salt and sprinkle over the apples. Stir well.
- Add the remaining oil and stir in the walnuts and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the soaked chia seeds and stevia, if desired, for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Tags: Apple nut skillet
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease