Shredded Carrot Salad
Make this Shredded Carrot Salad to take to work for lunch, or serve as a dinner side dish with Almond and Herb Crusted Tilapia (page 97).
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 8 ounces)
- ¼ cup Homemade Mayonnaise (page 248)
- 1½ teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon lemon thyme
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Cook’s Note: Lemon thyme is a type of thyme that has a lemon scent and taste. If it is not available, you can substitute regular fresh thyme.
Nutrition Note: Shredding or slicing vegetables increases nutrient availability.
This recipe appears on page 81 of Recipes for Repair.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease