Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms and Almonds
Green beans and almonds are a classic combination. This side dish pairs perfectly with fish. Try it with Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Salmon (page 93) or your favorite broiled fish recipe.
- ½ pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (caps only), sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Steam the green beans for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat for about 1 minute, or until hot.
- Add the oil and sauté the shallot and garlic for 1 minute, or until just limp.
- Add the steamed green beans and the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, thyme, basil and vinegar and sauté for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle on the almonds and serve immediately.
This recipe appears on page 84 of Recipes for Repair.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease