Weight Loss: A Welcome Side Effect of the Diet
Being the cook in the house, changing my diet also changed how I cooked dinner for both myself and my husband. Enjoying the meals I was making just as much as he had before I eliminated sugar, gluten, dairy and refined flours from my diet, Chris, decided to make a change to his eating habits.Additionally, he had a friend at work who told him how well he was feeling on the Paleo Diet. An athletic and fit guy, Chris felt the elimination of all grains and starch as per the Paleo Diet was too strict and may have a negative effect on his workouts though.
Instead, he decided he wouldn’t follow the diet to the letter, rather modify it. The result was the elimination of all processed and refined foods, cane sugar, gluten-containing grains and dairy. When he told me what he was going to eat, I said, that’s great, you’re in Phase 3 of Dr. Singleton’s anti-inflammation diet!
What happened in the next few weeks amazed us both. While he eliminated some foods, he never cut back on quantity or caloric intake. Yet he started to lose weight with great ease.
In less than a month he dropped 10 pounds. Over the next few weeks another 5 melted away. He was really puzzled by the outcome, as the intention of making the changes in his diet, were not for weight reasons. He has easily kept it off for years.
I was not surprised to find him losing weight as the same thing happened to me. Weight loss can be just one of the positive “side effects” of eliminating processed and sugary foods.
You may find that this goes against everything in you but we strongly suggest that you do not count any calories while on the diet and is why we decided against noting the nutritional information for each recipe.
This type of diet is not about calories rather nourishing, fuel for your body. The body processes this real, nutrient-dense food more efficiently.
As you implement the diet as a permanent lifestyle change you may be taking a leap of faith but I can tell you that for me, my husband and countless numbers of readers that this is the best approach.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Groceries for the Lyme Inflammation Diet®