Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins Also Fit Phase 4 for the Gluten Intolerant
While we thought it was important to have some recipes that call for whole wheat flour, which is added into the diet in Phase 4, we didn’t realize just how many of our readers were going to discover that they are gluten-intolerant.
I don’t eat gluten and my mom discovered last year that she can’t tolerate it either. To accommodate our readers and ourselves, she went back into her test kitchen to make this recipe for Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins. You’ll also want to try her newly developed Gluten-Free Nut-Free Mix, which is only available here. The Gluten-Free Baking Mix (page 241) in our book has almond meal not making it friendly to those with nut allergies.
The recipe works with either gluten-free baking mix, so decide which mix you’d like to use, and get cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Grease a 6-cup muffin pan and set it aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, cran-raspberry sauce, oil, egg, honey, syrup and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the nuts, and stir this flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup with a scant ½ cup of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.