Chewy Coconut Almond Cookie
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: A Chewy Coconut Almond Cookie is a welcomed treat during Phase 1 of the Lyme Inflammation Diet, when the allowable foods are rather limited. Enjoy these cookies with a cup of hot blueberry tea.
Chewy Coconut Almond Cookie Also Fits Paleo Lifestyle
Being grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free they also fit into the Paleo lifestyle.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the over to 350F
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl of a food processor. Pulse on and off 10 times or until the mixture begins to form a ball.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 12 portions. Form each into a ball.
- Place the cookies on the parchment paper and press down to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Do not over bake.