Pecan Cherry Cookies
Looking for a delicious cookie that is good for you too? These Pecan Cherry cookies are just that. There are only a few ingredients but each one provides you with an abundance of nutrients.
• Pecans are a great source of fiber and are rich in numerous vitamins and minerals including manganese, vitamins A, B, and E, calcium, potassium and zinc. Evidence suggests that eating pecans may help reduce LDL cholesterol levels.
• Coconuts have anti-microbial and anti-viral properties and contain a high level of lauric acid, which is a powerful tool to enhance the immune system.
• Cherries are also a good source of fiber are known for their powerful anti-inflammatory properties. They are also one of very food sources that contain melatonin, which is helpful in sleep.
• Coconut nectar has a low glycemic index and contains amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
• Celtic sea salt is rich in trace minerals, while vanilla extract adds flavor.
These Phase 2 cookies fit within many food restriction categories and lifestyles. They are egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and fit into vegan, vegetarian and Paleo lifestyles. As with all of our recipes they do not contain and sugar cane or refined ingredients.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar*
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch of celtic sea salt
- Preheat the over to 350°F
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl of a food processor. Process about 20 seconds or until the mixture resembles a fine granola.
- Divide the dough into 9 portions. Form each into a ball.
- Place the cookies on baking sheet and lightly press down to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Do not over bake.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Groceries for the Lyme Inflammation Diet®