Nutty Coconut Delight
This recipe is a real treat. During Phase 1 of this diet, you are urged to keep your intake of sweets to a minimum, so restrict yourself to one. Be forewarned, however, that once you taste these treats, stopping at one might be easier said than done!
- ¼ cup Ghee
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the ghee, honey, almonds and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse 6 or 7 times, or until the nuts are ground.
- Grease the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Spread the nut and honey mixture over the bottom of the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the honey nut mixture, and then sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the coconut.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges bubble and begin to brown.
- Allow the pan to cool and then refrigerate it for several hours or overnight.
- Scoop the mixture into balls using a small ice cream scoop or serving spoon.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers.
Tags: nutty coconut delight
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Mother’s Recipes help Daughter, Others Combat Chronic Inflammation
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Groceries for the Lyme Inflammation Diet®
- 7 Ways to Reduce Stress and Fight Against Lyme Disease
- 12 Natural Ways to Improve Insomnia in Lyme Disease