Lyme disease is a serious, yet often misunderstood illness. The books and web sites that we suggest are the ones that we have read and find to be reputable with a wealth of valuable information. We are sure there are others out there, but these are the one's that we are familiar with.
General Knowledge Lyme Disease Web Sites
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- Lyme Disease Foundation, Inc. (LDF)
- Lyme Disease Association (LDA)
- LDA of Southeastern Pennsylvania, and their booklet, "Lyme disease and associated tick-borne diseases: The Basics"
- Under our Skin is a must-see documentary that exposes the hidden story of Lyme disease, (available on Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
- Turn the Corner
- The California Lyme Disease Association (CALDA)
- Canadian Lyme Disease Foundation (CanLyme)
- A special Thank You to Dr. Jones, renowned pediatric Lyme MD
- Planet Thrive, a wonderful resource for Lyme, EMS, mold, etc.
Lyme Disease Prevention Tips
Chronic Lyme disease is a difficult illness that can be very hard to treat. Our best protection is prevention, so take the time to educate yourself so that you can keep yourself and your family safe.
Speaking to the seriousness of how often Lyme goes misdiagnosed is this video clip
of a medical doctor's testimony to the PA HHS committee where he says "I went everywhere in the world looking for a doctor. I ran up hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs." His testimony epitomizes the serious lack of understanding about Lyme disease in the medical field.
Our Favorite Books on Lyme Disease