How to Make Ghee
Ghee is another name for clarified butter. Clarified butter is the clear yellow liquid that is left after the milk solids have been removed from butter. We show you step by step how to make your own Ghee.
- 1 pound unsalted organic butter
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
- Place the butter in an oven-proof dish[A].
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Foam will form on the surface[B],
- and the milk solids will sink to the bottom of the dish.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully skim off and discard the foam[C].
- Ladle the clear liquid into a container[D]. Cover and refrigerate for future use.Discard the milk solids[E].
Nutrition Note: During the clarification process, the milk proteins are removed, making the ghee virtually free of lactose. This makes it a relatively safe alternative for those who are lactose intolerant.
This recipe appears on page 234 of Recipes for Repair.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease