Brown Rice Pancake
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: This newly developed recipe was created for Phase 1 of the diet. It’s very unique and if you’re not fond of eggs a good substitute for any of the breakfast recipes where eggs are the main ingredient. The recipe does call for one egg, but if you can’t tolerate eggs we have a substitution in the notes section of the recipe making this an egg-free breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg**
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a 10-inch fry pan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the hot frying pan pressing down with a wooden spoon or spatula until the whole pan is covered with the rice mixture.
- Cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve as a you breakfast, a side dish or top with Herb Scrambled Eggs with Shitake Mushrooms for a hearty breakfast.
** If you don’t tolerate eggs, you can substitute ¼ cup of applesauce. The pancakes will not hold together as well, so make them into 2-4 smaller pancakes making the pancakes easier to flip.
- Get Healthy and Lose Weight with the 60 Day Challenge
- Lyme Disease Cookbook Wins “Best of Show” in Annual Juried Exhibition
- Keeping Your Kids Safe from Ticks Without Taking away Their Fun
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Food Stylist to Stars Uses Expertise to Bring Lyme Patients Relief
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease