Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
Have you checked out the diet and wanted to give it a try, only to find yourself avoiding it? I’ll bet you have some of the same concerns I had when I first found the diet in 2010:
- This looks like way too much work.
- No dairy, no sugar, no gluten? No way!
- This is too drastic of a change from how I eat.
- I don’t want to have to make multiple meals for my family.
- I won’t be able to go out to eat anymore.
If you have any of those fears, don’t fret, eating real food is delicious and we’re here to help make it easy.
- Do you want to get the junk out of your diet, lose weight and start feeling better?
- Do you feel sluggish and unmotivated with a serious case of the blahs?
- Do you think you or someone you love may have an undiscovered food sensitivity?
- Do you have inflammation or an inflammatory illness and have a less than stellar diet?
- Do you feel like you’re addicted to bread, sugar or junk food?
- Have you wanted to try the diet in our book Recipes for Repair, but felt overwhelmed because it feels like too much work?
If you answered yes to just one of these questions, this 60 day challenge is for you!
What is the challenge?
It’s a 60 day support program where I will start over in Phase 1 as a way to support those of you who need a little help getting started.
To me, this is not a challenge because it’s how I eat. That’s not to say that it’s always easy – like when I get a whiff of pizza, which is the only food I truly miss.
With my mother’s talents at work, I can assure you the recipes you’ll be eating are not recipes you’d expect while being on a “diet.” Rather than a diet, think of it as a simple change in eating habits. With our support and the support of the others in the program, we’ll succeed at making a lifestyle change that will be the start of healthier days to come.
What do you have to lose? The more important question is what do you have to gain? For me, I’ve enjoyed the full elimination of all my digestive problems (indigestion, heartburn and stomach pain) as well as throat congestion and acne.
You won’t be alone because I (and the others who sign up) will be doing the diet with you! Together we’ll go through each Phase of the diet using the Updated and Expanded Second Edition of our book.* Both my mom and I will be there as a support, to answer questions and to share all the valuable insight, tools, tips and strategies that we’ve developed over the years since we first implemented the diet ourselves to ensure your success!
60 Day Challenge Timeline
Sunday, January 15: Start week zero
Week zero is the prep stage. This is when we’ll start making and trying recipes from all the Phases of the diet so you can see that the meals really are tasty and satisfying. Together, we’ll:
- decide on which meal plan in the book we’ll use or if we should devise a custom meal plan
- create a shopping list
- identify which foods not to restock
- make a plan on the most affordable way to shop for ingredients; and
- start making Phase 1 sauces and pantry ingredients to prep our kitchen so we are ready to go.
Monday, January 23: Begin Phase 1 (it’s only 1 week!)
The diet begins! Together we’ll start Phase 1 and we’ll be here to answer your questions along the way.
- We’ll be blogging and sharing tips on Facebook and Instagram to help you to succeed during the most difficult Phase of the diet.
Monday, January 30: Begin Phase 2 (3 weeks)
This is when we start adding foods back into the diet.
- We’ll add foods very carefully and strategically as this is how you discover any undiscovered food sensitivities.
- We’ll be there for you each day to answer your questions, and we’ll continue to share tips on how to make your time in the kitchen more efficient, less daunting and fun!
Saturday, February 20: Begin Phase 3 (4 weeks)
Many foods that I’m sure we’ll all be missing come back in Phase 3. Many of these have a higher risk of causing inflammation, so we’ll be extra careful adding these foods.
Monday, March 27: Begin Phase 4 (FOREVER!)
We’ll continue the first few days of Phase 4 with you, but at this point you’ve added in the majority of the foods. Once all the foods on the diet have been successfully added, you’ve officially succeeded at the elimination diet and will know if any of the foods you’ve been eating have been causing you discomfort or symptoms.
You are now eating all the healthy, real foods that help you to optimize your health and nourish your body. With this success you won’t want to go back to eating packaged, convenience foods because you will have seen improvements in your health, weight loss, and a new found appreciation for making your meals from scratch – and all in time for spring!
* If you don’t have a copy yet, you can purchase a copy here on our website using your Amazon account for $24.95 with free shipping and handling for US orders.
- Why Join Our 60 Day Challenge?
- Treat the Bite & Early Symptoms to Prevent Chronic Lyme Disease
- Mother’s Recipes help Daughter, Others Combat Chronic Inflammation
- 7 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Eating on a Restricted Diet
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Meal on a Restricted Diet
- Lyme Camp Wrap Up
- Prevention is Our Best Defense Against Lyme Disease
- 8 Ways to Save Money on Groceries for the Lyme Inflammation Diet®
- 7 Ways to Reduce Stress and Fight Against Lyme Disease
- 12 Natural Ways to Improve Insomnia in Lyme Disease